PONANT, has opened bookings for more than 22 departures to the Antarctic for the 2019-2020 season.
A selection of five itineraries to discover the White Continent, including 1 that is all new.
Between November 2019 and March 2020, PONANT has 22 cruises aboard 4 of its modern luxurious expedition ships: L'Austral, Le Boréal, Le Lyrial and Le Soléal; each voyage offering just 200 guests on each ship the opportunity to discover extraordinary landscapes and experience a unique adventure, sailing in the wake of the great explorers of these uninhabited lands.
A new season with several new offerings
In addition to established emblematic itineraries, PONANT is drawing on more than 20 years of experience in the polar regions to introduce wonderful new offerings for this new season:
- On The Antarctic Odyssey, a brand-new itinerary, Le Lyrial will be sailing to the South Orkney Islands, an extension of the Andean Cordillera. These islands, more than 85% glaciated, are home to leopard seals and numerous penguin species.
- For this new season it is not just one but three expeditions that will be taking PONANT guests beyond the polar circle, at latitude 66° 33' 39'' South.
- For increased convenience and peace of mind, a new premium package is available for all cruises departing from Ushuaia. It includes an overnight stay in the luxurious Arakur Resort, as well as an excursion to Tierra del Fuego National Park.
Responsible luxury expeditions
Aboard superb limited-capacity vessels specially designed for expeditions, PONANT guests access the most remote parts of the globe in conditions offering unrivalled standards of comfort and service. These expedition cruises to the polar regions provide many opportunities for landings ashore from Zodiac® dinghies in the company of expert naturalist-guides, in order to get as close as possible to the unspoiled natural surroundings, always with the utmost respect for this precious environment.
Photo credits: © PONANT Studio – Nathalie Michel © PONANT Studio – Lorraine Turci*
With more than 20 years' experience in these remote regions, PONANT considers environment protection to be one of its highest priorities. The cruise line carefully considers its itineraries, educates passengers and crew, and is an executive member of the IAATO (the International Association of Antarctic Tour Operators). The mission of the IAATO is to promote responsible tourism in the Antarctic.
5 reasons to sail to the Antarctic aboard a PONANT ship
- Experience a unique adventure in the wake of Jean-Baptiste Charcot, Adrien de Gerlache and Sir Ernest Shackleton, great explorers of these uninhabited lands.
- Discover exceptional landscapes in an incredible setting: glaciers, icebergs, ice floes, mountain chains ... And encounter exceptional wildlife: whales, seals, penguins, fur seals, albatrosses and other seabirds.
- Travel in the total comfort that is PONANT's hallmark: staterooms facing the sea, most equipped with a private balcony; gastronomic dinners elaborated by Ducasse Conseil and paired with a selection of wines...
- Set off with total peace of mind thanks to the experience of the global leader in Antarctic cruises: a fleet of 4 ships designed and certified for extreme regions, 20 years of experience in the polar regions, and more than 100 expert naturalist-guides.
- Benefit from charter flights from/to Buenos Aires to/from Ushuaia, transfers, full board, open bar and minibar on board, all lectures and Zodiac® landings with an experienced team of naturalist- guides.
EMBLEMATIC AND BRAND-NEW ITINERARIES IN THE ANTARCTIC
The Antarctic Peninsula
Emblematic Antarctica, from Ushuaia to Ushuaia
11 days/10 nights, 12 departures possible starting from 24 November 2019. Prices from $13,150* in a Superior Stateroom
The Falkland Islands, South Georgia and the Antarctic Peninsula
The Great Austral Loop, from Ushuaia to Ushuaia
16 days/15 nights, 2 departures possible starting from 15 November 2019. Prices from $19,460* in a Prestige Suite on Deck 4
Beyond the Polar Circle, from Ushuaia to Ushuaia
17 days/16 nights, 3 departures possible starting from 15 January 2020. Prices from $21,944* in a Superior Stateroom
NEW The Falkland Islands, South Georgia, the South Orkney Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula
Antarctic Odyssey, from Montevideo to Ushuaia
21 days/22 nights, from 19 November to 9 December 2019. Prices from $19,410* in a Superior Stateroom
The Falkland Islands, South Georgia and the British Overseas Territories
From Antarctica to Africa, from Montevideo to Cape Town 22 days/21 nights, from 25 February to 17 March 2020. Prices from $11,304* in a Superior Stateroom
*Starting price, per person, based on double occupancy, port taxes included. This is a promotional price - the Ponant Bonus, varies according to the number of places sold for each cruise. The Bonus is likely to reduce over time, and even diappear, according to availability, without prior notice.
Details available at https://au.ponant.com/explore-antarctic
INFORMATION & RESERVATIONS
Details of all PONANT expeditions including itineraries, pricing and shore excursion highlights are available at au.ponant.com
Contact your travel agent, or PONANT on Australia: 1300 737 178 or + 612 8459 5000 / New Zealand: 0800 44 32 62, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings.